Sunday, February 1, 2009

Navigating Nature














It was a bit chilly (for Florida) yesterday...low 50s...but I still felt like we needed to get out of the house. So, after hitting the Y with the kiddos, we checked out some nature trails that a major local resort offers. It worked out well that they were paved. They led to the beach too, which was a fun surprise ending for them. In typical fashion, E had to be the leader. She is such a firstborn female! She even took over the map (fortunate for me there was only one way there and back). Also in typical fashion, C had to find the biggest, most dangerous stick to carry along as his "weapon", "tool", and ultimately "souvenir". Somehow I convinced him to exchange his stick for a map at the end so the car ride home was more manageable. Those two crack me up!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Where are you? You need to post again:) Know you're on the mend so I'll give you a break!