Saturday, March 21, 2009

"The whole is other than the sum of its parts." (Koffka)

Single Ladies Put a Ring on it (Beyonce)
Home (Daughtry)
Ready to Run (Dixie Chicks)
Callin' Baton Rouge (Garth Brooks)
Carolina in My Mind (James Taylor)
Morning Song (Jewel)
Sunrays and Saturdays (Vertical Horizon)
Least Complicated (Indigo Girls)
Bubbly (Colbie Caillat)
What about Now (Daughtry)
Wide Open Space (Dixie Chicks)
I'll Be (Edwin McCain)
Put Your Records On (Corinne Bailey Rae)
Take My Breath Away (Emma Bunton)
Power of Two (Indigo Girls)


To many these "parts" may just seem like a fun, throw back playlist from my ipod. But, to me, today it is a "whole" lot more (pun intended). It represents 5 miles of running. I've always wanted to run, enjoy it, etc....but never have. This is the first time in my life that I can actually say that I get it....I get why people enjoy it, why they push themselves to go farther and be faster. Wednesday I went out and did 3.2, today it was 5....it makes me feel fit, capable, and motivated to push myself even harder next time. Love that! It's kind of like a game to me now. I have to give props to Dawn for helping me figure out the heart rate bit, to Leslie for helping realize it was 99% mental, and to Erin for inspiring me by just picking up and training for a half. It takes a whole village people, it really does! Ha!

No comments: