Monday, May 25, 2009

Seasons of Love

Okay so today is a twofer on the blog (yes, I'm actually posting two today...sorry!). I just have always loved this song from the musical RENT, and was reminded of it many times in the last year. But, perhaps more so yesterday, in a new light....as I reflected back on the significance of a year of life without Mom.

The year didn't come all at once, but one day at a time. God's grace and mercies were fresh each day and coupled with the prayers and support of so many that love us....we made it! Lot's more ground to cover in the days, months, years, and lifetime ahead....but we know we are not alone! Thank you for all of you who blessed us in so many different ways!

525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure,
measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee. In
inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. In 525,600 minutes - how do you
measure a year in the life?
How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love. Seasons of
love.

525,600 minutes! 525,000 journeys to plan. 525,600 minutes - how can you measure
the life of a woman or man?

In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried. In bridges he burned, or
the way that she died.

It’s time now to sing out, tho the story never ends let's celebrate remember a year in the life of friends. Remember the love! Remember the love! Remember the love! Measure in love. Seasons of love! Seasons of love.

1 comment:

Aunt LaLa said...

A good song Karen! Your mom's life brought immeasureable happiness, friendship, comfort, honesty, etc., etc., to me! And to us all! I will never have a friend like her again. I still don't know why God took the best this family had to offer the world. I don't think I will ever be as afraid to die, knowing Georgia will be there to meet me when I close my eyes in eternity. I've already requested her presence at that time! I miss her dearly, as I know you, Mel and your Dad do too! Love you!