Friday, April 30, 2010

Spring update...

Wow...have I ever taken a hiatus, eh? Whew! Well, here are a few pics from the precious weeks...

First off...we have decided to move to Memphis. There's much more to that story, but for now I'll just say that we've have a contract on a house, are negotiating inspections, hope to close mid-June and move at the end of July. Whew! Chad did all the house hunting solo, and took Case up with him for a visit with the fam. Yes, he picked out the house and I whole-heartedly approved via pictures. Am I crazy? No, I just know that he knows what we like, has an eye for a bargain, and an eye for detail. I can't wait to see it!

Anyway, here are a few pics from their time in Memphis....


Case buttering up Nana and Pa for something, I'm sure....



Olivia, Eliana, and Case....such dear cousins! He actually told me at the end of his time there that he wanted to stay because he "loved them better". I know it should make my mommy-heart break, but I'm just so stinkin' thankful that he's secure enough in my love to say it and that he loves the rest of his family sOOOO much:)



Back on the homefront, Case's baseball season wrapped up. Chad was a great coach, and despite many league challenges, we had a blast. Of course, the trophy was the highlight for all the kiddos.



Case had a mishap in the backyard while gardening with Poppy. He carelessly (shock. shock.) jumped off a walled-in enclosure surrounding the firewood and literally scraped his legs from bottom to top. We wrapped them to help stop the bleeding and stinging, and gave him a sucker to try and calm down the crying. As you can tell, the sucker did NOT work! Hence the need to pull out the camera (am I sick for doing that?) to capture the dramatic scene! Ha!


Align RightThis is picture from last night's Shrimp Festival Parade. This right here is why I LOVE living in a small town on an island. EVERYONE was there and it was SOOOO fun! We got lots of candy loot, beads (from the Pirates...a tradition here), and enjoyed a picnic dinner while watching friends march by! Tonight the pirates invade from a ship and there are fireworks. Amazing, right? Then tomorrow and Sunday are an all day festival that I'll kick off with a 5K race. Love this place:)

And to bring you TOTALLY up-to-speed...this is today. Em had pirate day at school, and this was her getup. Isn't she the cutest stinkin' pirate around? Arrrggh!






2 comments:

Erin said...

love seeing those sweet pics!

Unknown said...

Oh how i love this little beach town as well!! What fun the baseball seasons, soccer seasons, parades and festivals are!! Makes a lump in my throat to think of leaveing it all. But with that said...congrats on the new house! I can't wait to see pics!! Boy...I'm sure going to miss your beautiful smile and happy eyes!! :)