Thursday, August 27, 2009

catch-up

I'm in my usual afternoon groove...diet coke and random acts of catch up. after having traveled on and off for several weeks now, though, i am fluctuating between just wanting to plop down and do nothing and run around and get it all done immediately. i have a few little updates for those of you that care...
  • the KY house is packed and ready to be loaded by the hubs tomorrow and put in storage. if all goes as planned, we should be closing next week.
  • Ryan Kemp Simpson (my sweet nephew) is off all "helps" and is scheduled to have a circumcision tomorrow a.m. followed by his official discharge to go home! Praise God, The Healer! I'm so proud of my family, by the way. Mel is a rock, even though she doesn't see that in her self that way. She is stronger and more faithful than she gives herself credit for. My sweet Dad is such a servant. He's been there for 3 weeks serving, trying to stay out of the way, and fill in the gaps. He's weary and yet committed. And then there is my hubs, in-laws, kiddos, and friends. They all pitched in, sucked it up, and worked it out so that I could be present as well. My family ROCKS!
  • Sweet eWe started Kindergarten today. She thought she might feel shy, but when I pulled the lunchbox out this morning she couldn't stand it. She said, "Boy, this is so exciting!" Sweet girl. She's just like her mama...she loves any bag, contraption, etc that will help her organize her life. She did great! Her teacher was the one who walked her to the pick up line today and said, "She had a great first day, Mom. She is such a bright little girl."

Okay, so does that sum it up?

I have some other random thoughts mulling about in my head, but i'll save those for another post.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the update - I know it's hard to get everything out in our short phone conversations. Missing you terribly-I still think AR is the BEST place for you guys to move:)
Thanks for keeping the vigil for Ryan too and I am so sad I couldn't be there to help you pack etc. We could have had so much fun. Maybe the next time?????