Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

I've traveled back to KY for Spring Break and was able to get a few more things we'd left behind in the move. One of the things I picked up were our Resurrection Eggs. It's funny how well they help to get the message of Easter across in a memorable way. As I pulled them out yesterday to go through them with "eWe" she said, "I remember those from last year, Mom. We talked about the donkey and stuff on our couch in KY when we lived there, right?" Right! I'm so glad that something stuck with her. But this year she was way more into it....she wanted to know how if Jesus got his blood and water back (that came out when they pierced his side to ensure he was dead) when he was resurrected. WOW...what a great question! Well "eWe", the blood and water did prove that He was in fact dead. And his resurrection wasn't just a spiritual one, it was physical as well....so I'd say "yes". But, in all my 33 years I've never thought of that before.

At any rate, while today is worthy of words....I have just seven. Thank you, Jesus! You have risen indeed!

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." "HE HAS RISEN!"

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Sweet eWe! Love it when kiddos come up with such great questions! And at least you could answer this one without going to seminary:)

Erin said...

oh, my goodness! LOVE that girl!!! That is AMAZING!!!!! Happy Easter! Give the kids a hug for me!