Thursday, October 29, 2009

Stay-cation Day 4 & 5

Well, we wrapped up our stay-cation with a Tuesday full of bowling, lunch at Chick-fil-a, a hike, and playing at the park. Then on Wednesday we took eWe out of school in order to go and celebrate Lil' C's 4th birthday at Disney.













We were out the door by 6 a.m. and in the park (after driving, parking, riding the bus in, etc) by 10 a.m. ish. The birthday boy got to pick the park, and he chose Magic Kingdom. When I asked him why he said, "Because it has It's a Small World and that's my sister's favorite ride." How precious! And that he is. He is such a pure hearted little guy.

We had a great day! We left the park at 5 p.m., stopped for a quick dinner in Orlando, and then headed home with them both asleep in the car. Whew! What a fun whirlwind of a day.

Today we are decompressing.

I will stay, though, our first stay-cation was a hit. We did tons of different stuff, got a good mix of rest and play, and ended up only spending about $17/person/day for the whole 5 days. Not bad!

But, before I end today I just want to say a little Happy Birthday to my little man. He's one of the funniest kiddos I know....such a clown. He's giving, he's high energy, he sweet, and he's all boy. He is a joy to parent, and seemingly will charm all he meets. Yes, his implusive thoughlessness of his actions can sometimes drive me insane.....but, it seems a small price to pay for the priveledge of having him in my life. I need the joy and simplicity that he offers...it's good for me! Happy Birthday, buddy!

No comments: